Ideally, we would prefer for our clients to be able to link their Apple Developer account in our MagLoft portal so our system can automatically pick it up when we are building and publishing their apps.
But with the recent Apple policy change where 2FA settings can no longer be turned off, our clients can no longer link their Apple Developer Account in our MagLoft portal.
If this happens to you, no worries! Our team has found a way to work around this, which is for you to invite MagLoft as one of your admins in both your App Store Connect account and Apple Developer Account.
Check out the steps below to see how you can do it!:
App Store Connect
- Log in to your App Store Connect Account (Don't have one? Check out our guide here to see how to create one!)
- On the home page, click on 'Users and Roles':
- This should take you to the Users and Roles page, where you can see how many users have access to your App Store Connect account as well as their roles.
- To add new User, click the + button next to the text Users:
- You will then be asked to enter a new name and email address for the User:
- Enter MagLoft email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on the email field, and then click Next.
- You will then be asked what kind of role you would want to provide. In order for MagLoft to be able to upload and publish your apps on App Store Connect, you will need to give us the role of an Admin:
- After that, you will be asked to set the notification settings for MagLoft account. You can leave the default settings as it is (as shown below), and then click "Save"
After inviting MagLoft to your App Store Connect, the next step would be for you to invite MagLoft to your Apple Developer Account.
Apple Developer Account
- Go to your Apple Developer account and sign in.
- On the left side of your home page, select People. You should be able to see the list of developers you have on your team on this page. Click 'Invite People' to invite MagLoft:
- You will then be asked to enter the email address of people you'd like to invite to your developer team. Enter MagLoft's email address: email@example.com as Admins, and click Invite:
And that is all! If everything goes smoothly, we should receive both invitations. Once we confirm the invitation, our system will then have access to both your App Store Connect & Apple Developer Account :)