Please pay attention to our guideline below before you upload your PDF files to the Universal App admin dashboard.
• All text and fonts should be fully embedded in the PDFs;
• Text should not be flattened, rasterized, or paths;
• All text will be extracted as-is from the PDFs. If Glyphs or fonts have used that change the look and output of a character, the character will be extracted. This causes some small-caps fonts to be rendered as lower-case for example. Ensure that the characters used are upper-case in these instances, so the extracted text will be upper-case as well.
• Flattening of images and/or layers should be avoided, so images can be extracted as separate items;
• Down-sampling should be avoided where possible. For file size reasons, some down-sampling is preferred. Ensuring a crisp look at max 2400px width or height for large images is the goal;
• 300DPI+ images are preferred as long as the size of the PDF does not exceed ~300MB. If the feed exceeds 300MB in size, please do down-sample the images to around 150DPI and/ or use better compression.
• No security should be used;
• Compression is fine;
• All pages should be single-page;
• All pages should be in the correct order;
• Trim boxes should always be set correctly to display only the relevant page information with no bleed or overlap with the opposite page of the spread.
Get stuck? Feel free to reach out to our support team using our live chat located at the bottom right corner of your Universal App dashboard or simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org